Check “Stock availability” below to see if this item is available in your area.
Pro Grip Self-levelling Screed is a high strength, quick setting self levelling screeding compound designed to level imperfect floors.
This would allow you to fix a variety of floor coverings on a level surface, and can be applied up to a 10mm in a single application.
The price of this product may be more expensive in outlying stores due to transportation costs.
|Bag Coverage||2.2m2 - 3.8m2|
|Suitable for||Leveling imperfect floors|
PRO GRIP SELF LEVELLING SCREED® is a high strength, quick setting cement based compound designed for levelling imperfect floors. When properly applied, it will produce a smooth hard underlayment suitable for laying tiles, carpets and wooden flooring. This product can be applied up to 10mm thick in a single application.
1. Gradually add 20 Kg of PRO GRIP SELF LEVELLING SCREED® into 4.8 Lt of cold water.
2. Mix to a creamy lump-free slurry consistency. The use of an electric drill and paddle is recommended to ensure thorough mixing.
3. Allow to stand for 5 min.
4. Re-mix for a further 2 -3 min at low speed.
5. Use within 20 min. If the product thickens, DO NOT ADD MORE WATER - rather stir thoroughly to extend pot life.
6. NOTE: if a white film appears upon the surface of the screed, then too much water has been added. To rectify, add small portions of PRO GRIP SELF LEVELIING SCREED® and remix to achieve a smooth flowable consistency with a uniform colour.
(These recommendations are in accordance with the SABS standard SANS 10107:2011 - The design and installation of ceramic tiles.) *This guideline only serves as a basic manual for the surface preparation, product selection and installation procedure for this type of application. Each installation needs to be assessed on merits and the products used and the procedures followed should be in accordance with the SABS code for the design and installation of ceramic tiles (SABS 10107:2011).
1. Ensure that floor to be screeded is sound (no cracks or crumbling), clean, free of dust, release agent, fungi, or any surface dampness. Fungi must be removed and the spores killed with the use of an effective fungicide. (a dilution of household bleach is sufficient)
2. New concrete floors must be allowed to cure for minimum periods as listed below to ensure that movement due to shrinkage does not affect the installation
a. New screeded floors: 4 weeks
3. Very smooth surfaces such as steel trowelled and off-shutter concrete must be acid washed to remove laitance and then rinsed thoroughly with cold water. The surface must then be primed with a mixture consisting of 2 parts PRO GRIP BASECOAT ® mixed with one part PRO GRIP KEYCOAT ® and allowed to dry prior to screeding.
4. Painted surfaces, gypsum plasters and surfaces that have old bitumen adhesive on them must be chipped in order to expose at least 80% of the substrate. The surface must then be primed with a mixture consisting of 2 parts PRO GRIP BASECOAT ® mixed with one part PRO GRIP KEYCOAT ® and allowed to dry prior to screeding.
5. Highly porous substrates can negatively affect the bond strength between the screed and substrate. Check the porosity of the substrate by applying a small quantity of water. If the moisture is completely absorbed within one minute, then the surface is too porous and will need to be sealed with a mixture of 2 parts PRO GRIP BASECOAT ® mixed with one part PRO GRIP KEYCOAT ® and allowed to dry prior to screeding.
1. Pour the PRO GRIP SELF LEVELLING SCREED® onto the floor and allow to flow and fill the application area.
2. Use an extended trowel to work the product into a smooth surface.
3. Further rolling of the screed with a spiked roller is recommended to remove excess air and to increase the screed’s density. This will improve surface smoothness and increase the compressive strength of the screed.
4. For large areas, separately mix 2- 3 bags at a time. This will assist in ensuring smooth joints between bags during application.
5. PRO GRIP SELF LEVELLING SCREED® can be applied up to a thickness of 10mm in one application. For thicker applications, apply in steps of 10 mm layers until the desired level is reached. Allow to completely dry before applying the next layer.
6. All structural or movement joints should be identified prior to application and then maintained by saw cuts through the dried screed.
7. For heavy duty applications, replace the mixing water with PRO GRIP BONDING LIQUID®. The flow characteristics of the screed may reduce slightly and de-aeration with a spike roller is recommended.
8. Allow 24 hours before tiling.
As a guide, a 20 kg bag of PRO GRIP SELF LEVELLING SCREED® will cover approximately 3.5 m² when applied onto a relatively even surface to a thickness of 3mm.
GENERAL APPLICATION INFORMATION
Please note that the performance of this product is strongly dependent upon the climatic conditions during application and upon the temperature of the substrate and mixing water. Do not apply this product when the ambient temperature or the temperature of the floor is below 10°C. The mixing water should be at room temperature i.e. 20 - 25°C. Warm water, high ambient temperatures and windy conditions will reduce setting times and negatively affect this product’s strength development. This product has not been designed to be a final floor finish. *This guideline only serves as a basic manual for the surface preparation, product selection and installation procedure for this type of application. Each installation needs to be assessed on merits and the products used and the procedures followed should be in accordance with the SABS code for the design and installation of ceramic tiles (SABS 10107:2011).
TECHNICAL DATA Initial setting time
± 1.5 hours at 25⁰C and 50% humidity
Final Setting Time
± 6 hours at 25⁰C and 50% humidity
4.8 Lt of water to 20kg bag
9 months in dry moderate conditions
Place your order online and we will source your stock at the nearest store with sufficient stock.
We will have your order packed and ready for collection 3 business hours after your payment has cleared.
This service is available in over 70 stores nationwide.
Please click on the “Check Stock Availability” button below to see if this item is available at your desired store.
To speak to a product expert, please call 010 003 9987.
Home finishing items are bulky heavy products. Make it easy and choose delivery!
CTM Deliveries are insured while in transit.
Delivery includes packing and unpacking of your order.
We aim for next day delivery (stock dependant).
To calculate the exact delivery cost for your area:
Add the products you want to your order, enter your address and click place your order.
In the unlikely event that we are not able to get the product you require in your area, we will contact you to discuss alternative solutions.
To speak to a product expert, please call 010 003 9987.
CTM supplies quality products to ensure your peace of mind.
You have 90 days to return any unopened, unused products in their original sellable condition.
We will gladly exchange or refund products provided that:
The return date is within 90 days of purchase.
You have valid proof of purchase (invoice) from CTM.
Goods must be in their original sellable condition and packaging.
Goods must be returned to your nearest CTM.
Please ensure you are satisfied with the product before installing as returns will not be accepted after installation.