Mount Yale Charcoal Cement Cladding
Can I buy this on credit?
Yes you can!
Mobicred’s monthly credit price is based on 12 monthly payments.
Once you have a Mobicred account, simply select Mobicred as your payment option on checkout.
Your Mobicred account can be used with multiple merchants
Mobicred is a safe, online credit facility
Don’t have a Mobicred account yet?
* Annual interest subject to change. Interest charged at 17.75%* per year excluding Mobicred’s set-up and service fees.
When will I get my online delivery?
90 days hassle free returns
Buy online & collect in store
Confirm Stock Availability
Your online delivery cost is calculated on the weight of your order and the distance to your address.
To get a quotation, add the items to your cart and click Place Order. Your delivery costs will then be calculated for you.
We’ll source & deliver your stock.
Any queries? Call us 010 003 9987
*Should the product not be available in your region, we will offer you a reasonable alternative.
- When ordering online, you have the luxury of returning your unused CTM products to ANY CTM store nationwide - yes, that's right, you can return your goods to any of our 70 + stores.
We will gladly exchange or refund products provided that:
The return date is within 90 days of purchase.
You have valid proof of purchase (invoice) from CTM.
Goods must be in their original sellable condition and packaging.
*Please ensure you are satisfied with the product before installing as no claims will be accepted after installation.
- Pay online or order via phone - from anywhere!
- Skip the Queue and reserve your stock.
- Collect from over 70 stores nationwide.
- Fast & Easy.
Buy Online & Choose Your store
Orders are normally ready within 3 hours*
Any queries? Call us 010 003 9987
*Should the product not be available at the selected store, one of our product experts will contact you and offer you a reasonable alternative.
When ordering online & collecting in store, use the button below to confirm which stores have your items.
The Mount Yale Charcoal Cladding is the latest trend to have, it creates a beautiful earthy or rustic look to your home.
CLADDING INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
NB New walls require 4 weeks curing time before cladding can commence. Newly plastered walls require a further 2 weeks before cladding.
Painted surfaces should be 80% chipped and all dust removed before cladding.
Spread 6mm of tile adhesive to the wall using a notched trowel. Apply only small areas at a time.
Lightly butter the cladding with a bit of adhesive and apply with pressure and a twisting action, ensuring the cladding is well adhered.
Remove excess adhesive from joints before drying occurs, keeping cladding clean as you proceed.
A diamond blade with angle grinder should be used to trim/cut any cladding to size or shape.
After installation again wash off cladding with a sponge and clean water. Start at the top and work your way down.
Cladding is ideal for outdoors and can be left untreated, allowing it to naturally weather and age with time.
Due to the natural properties of this product, colour variation may occur.
However, seal may be used where cladding is exposed to contamination. (E.g. food preparation/braai). Pre-test sealer on off cuts to confirm required results before applying to cladded wall. Do not seal in direct sunlight or on wet cladding.
Each Box Covers 0.52m2
|Box Price (R)||259.95|
Order Online & Collect Instore
Pay online from Anywhere.
Collect from over 70 stores nationwide.
Skip the Queue and reserve your stock.
Fast & Easy.
Buy Online & Choose Your store
We source & pack your stock
We notify you when your order is ready to Collect
Orders are normally ready within 3 hours.
Should the product not be available at the selected store, one of our product experts will contact you and offer you a reasonable alternative.
It is important to understand that our Cladding is cement based and moulded from original Stone to simulate the appearance of natural stone, where sizes and thickness vary. This ensures that product resembles natural stone.
The following guideline is recommended by the manufacturers, as the correct way to lay their cast stone products. It is important that experienced installers or contractors are used; do not use installers who are unfamiliar or inexperienced with cast stone products.
Storage and Handling:
1. Product must be handled carefully to avoid damaging edges and surface of the product – pack upright.
2. The boxes must not be stored too high as Cladding will crack due to excessive weight.
3. Cladding should always be stored undercover on their edge not horizontally (stacked) prior to being laid.
4. All Cladding is manufactured and stored undercover before being boxed and delivered; this explains the darker colour sometimes apparent when opening box. This will get lighter in time depending on the prevailing conditions.
5. Suitable lifting, handling and cutting equipment should be used. The correct safety gear and protective clothing must be worn at all times i.e. gloves, dust masks, safety boots etc.
Surface and Wall preparation:
1. New walls require 4 weeks curing time before cladding can begin.
2. Newly plastered walls require another 2 weeks before cladding can commence.
3. Ensure that all brickwork, concrete and cement plasters are suitable, firm (no friability) and have moisture content of 5% or less before cladding commences. Remove and replace all defective cement plasters before cladding commences.
4. When cladding directly onto concrete, ensure that the surfaces are clean, free of all traces of laitance, curing agents or contaminants. This can be done by scarifying the surface. Do not use solvents as this may lead to contamination of the substrate and cause poor bonding of the tile adhesive or preparation material.
5. Post tensioned rib and block, hollow core or echo slabs require priming before cladding commences.
6. Most walls will need to be primed, chipped, brushed, scabbled or shot blastered to 80% prior to cladding. Alternately the surface must be primed with key it bonding and Cement/ Sand mix or similar. Apply to a thickness of 1,5 - 2mm with a builder’s block brush. Allow 24 hours to dry before cladding commences.
7. All painted surfaces must be chipped 80% and then primed – as above mentioned.
1. The backside of the Product must be brushed with a steel brush to remove any laitance or film on the surface. This will ensure a good surface for adhesive to bond with.
2. Cladding must be clean, free of dust and contaminants. This can be easily done using a sponge and clean water. It is very important to make sure the product is dust free and advisable to prepare with a keycoat to ensure good adhesion between product and adhesive.
3. Recommended Quickset from CTM: PROGRIP CLADDING TILE ADHESIVE
1. Should there be any building structural/expansion joints in the structure of the walls, these joints width must be maintained and carried through the adhesive bed and the cladding, and filled with a suitable flexible filler or expansion joint profile.
2. Cladding movement joints must also be allowed for in vertical corners. Surface obstructions, pipes, fixed fittings, over all building material variances (brick and concrete beams). Provide horizontal joints at each storey rise in the height of external walls.
Step by Step Procedure to follow for Adhesive application:
1. Look out for long edge marked with “TOP” – to ensure consistent angle of stone textured face.
2. Ensure that the wall surface is not friable and that all laitance, paint, dust is removed. Lightly wet the back of the cladding with a sponge to remove any excess dust from wire brushing.
3. Do not use cheap adhesive – 6-hour quickset recommended (PROGRIP CLADDING TILE ADHESIVE)
4. It is advisable to apply a key it bonding to the wall surface by mixing with cement and creating a slurry which is then brushed onto the wall.
5. Use Adhesive with clean cold water to recommended consistency.
6. Apply to a minimum bed thickness of 5mm.
7. Spread only enough adhesive for each individual piece. Should a thin film (skin) appear on the surface of the adhesive, re agitate with trowel before bedding cladding.
8. Using a trowel – apply and spread over the back of the cladding. Buttering of cladding is recommended where the back of the cladding product surface is rough and dusty.
9. Press the cladding firmly into wet adhesive with a twisting action. Product can be bedded with the aid of a Rubber mallet.
10. Most designs look best in a random or staggered pattern and dry packed – no joints.
11. Follow the image at the top as a guideline.
12. Lift and replace random cladding to ensure that 100% contact is being achieved between the cladding and adhesive (NO VOIDS BEHIND CLADDING).
13. Remove excess adhesive from joints and cladding product before drying has occurred. Please take extra care when you butt joint the cladding.
14. Ensure that you clean whilst installing to prevent any adhesive staining the product.
15. When grouting you leave on the surface and wash with clean water – the more you wash the surface the less whiteness will remain on the surface of the brick.
16. To cut the product it is necessary to use a Diamond Blade with an angle grinder.
Maintenance and Sealing
1. As cladding is manufactured to resemble real stone no sealing or maintenance is necessary.
2. A Nano Sealer should be considered if used in or around pools, ponds, fire places and water features.
Book a Free Installation Quote
Available in JHB, PTA & CPT
Why choose us?
Quality installations by experienced Tradesmen. Customer ratings: 4.3/5.0!
12 month guarantee on workmanship.
Competitive prices and great value for money
Criminal checks on all staff