Check “Stock availability” below to see if this item is available in your area.
PROGRIP WATERPROOF TILE GROUT® is a specially formulated cement based polymer modified grouting compound designed to point tile joints up to a width of 8mm. This class leading product incorporates additives to improve flexural strength, increase abrasion resistance, minimise shrinkage, reduce dirt pick-up and increase water resistance. PROGRIP WATERPROOF TILE GROUT® is suitable for both wall and floor applications, for the grouting of tiles in intermittently wet areas as well as in underwater conditions i.e. swimming pools and showers.
|Application||Wall & Floor|
PRO GRIP WATERPROOF TILE GROUT® is a specially formulated cement based polymer modified grouting compound designed to point tile joints up to a width of 8mm. This class leading product incorporates additives to improve flexural strength, increase abrasion resistance, minimise shrinkage, reduce dirt pick-up and increase water resistance. PRO GRIP WATERPROOF TILE GROUT® is suitable for both wall and floor as well as interior and exterior applications. For the grouting of tiles in intermittently wet areas as well as in underwater conditions i.e. swimming pools and showers.
1. Empty contents into a suitable container and slowly add cold water in the following ratios:
i. 1.5 Lt of water per 5 Kg bag of grout
ii. 6 Lt of water per 20 Kg bag of grout
2. For high stress application areas where additional mechanical or water resistance is required, replace the mixing water with PRO GRIP BONDING LIQUID® in the same mixing ratios.
3. Mix to a creamy consistency. The use of an electric drill and paddle is recommended to ensure thorough mixing.
(These recommendations are in accordance with the SABS standard SANS 10107:2011 - The design and installation of ceramic tiles.)
1. The tile adhesive should be completely set before grouting can take place.
2. Ensure that joints to be grouted are sound (no cracks or crumbling), clean, free of dust and contaminants.
3. Ensure that the joints are free of excess tile adhesive. *This guideline only serves as a basic manual for the surface preparation, product selection and installation procedure for this type of application. Each installation needs to be assessed on merits and the products used and the procedures followed should be in accordance with the SABS code for the design and installation of ceramic tiles (SABS 10107:2011).
4. Grout joints should be slightly moistened but not wet.
1. Apply PRO GRIP WATERPROOF TILE GROUT® liberally to the surface and work into the joints with a grout squeegee taking care to completely fill the joint.
2. Remove excess grout and level the surface by moving the grout squeegee diagonally across the joints while the mix is still fresh.
3. Allow the grout to harden for 1 - 2 hours before removing the excess grout residue from the tiles with a damp (but not wet) sponge. Rinse the sponge frequently to achieve the best results.
4. Once the grout has completely set (after 24 Hrs), polish the tiles with a dry soft cloth. A wet cloth will not remove the thin film of grout residue.
Since the coverage of this product is dependent upon the dimensions of the joints, the amount of grout required can be accurately determined by the following formula:-
Kg of grout per Square meter = (A + B) x C x D x 1.7
(A x B)
A = length of the tile in mm
B = width of the tile in mm
C = thickness of the tile in mm
D = average width of the joint in mm
As a guide, on average a 5 Kg bag of grout will grout an area of 8 - 10 m²
1. Ensure that the above instructions are adhered to at all times and do not adulterate the product in any way as this could result in failure.
2. Rubber gloves should be used when applying PRO GRIP WATERPROOF TILE GROUT ®. In the event of irritation, rinse skin under cold water. Consult a doctor if irritation persists.
3. Keep PRO GRIP WATERPROOF TILE GROUT ® away from pets and children.
4. Do not ingest and do not empty surplus adhesive down drains.
Place your order online and we will source your stock at the nearest store with sufficient stock.
We will have your order packed and ready for collection 3 business hours after your payment has cleared.
This service is available in over 70 stores nationwide.
Check “Stock availability” on the product of your choice to see if this item is available in your area.
CTM product items and quantities vary at each CTM store and your chosen items may not be available at your local CTM store. Should the product not be available, a product expert will attempt to obtain the product or offer you a reasonable alternative. CTM reserves the right to limit quantities of any product. A delivery fee will become applicable if delivery is required.
To speak to a product expert, please call 010 003 9987.
Home renovating products are heavy. Save yourself the backache and have your goods transported to your doorstep.
To calculate the exact delivery cost for your area, add the products you would like to your quote, enter your address and place your order.
We aim for next day delivery depending on stock availability.
In the unlikely event that we are not able to supply your product in your area, we will contact you to discuss alternative solutions.
To speak to a product expert, please call 010 003 9987.
CTM supplies quality products to ensure your peace of mind.
You have 90 days to return any unopened, unused products in their original sellable condition.
We will gladly exchange or refund products provided that:
The return date is within 90 days of purchase.
You have valid proof of purchase (invoice) from CTM.
Goods must be in their original sellable condition and packaging.
Goods must be returned to your nearest CTM.
Please ensure you are satisfied with the product before installing as returns will not be accepted after installation.