Check “Stock availability” below to see if this item is available in your area.
PROGRIP FLEXIBLE ADHESIVE® is a ready mix acrylic adhesive that has many uses. It does not require any water as the product is already prepared for use as soon as the tub is opened. Tile Flex's high strength thin bed adhesion may be used for sticking tiles to walls and floors onto substrates like primed/painted wood and board, dry walling, asbestos, metal, .etc. Tile Flex's quick cure formula allows for quick fixing in almost any situation
|Application||Wall & Floor|
PRO GRIP FLEX ADHESIVE® is a ready to use latex based paste adhesive designed for the installing of ceramic, clay natural stone and cement tiles and/or mosaics. This product is suitable for both wall and floor interior applications. The highly flexible nature of PRO GRIP FLEX ADHESIVE® makes this product ideal for fixing tiles onto pre-primed wood, gypsum boards and metal surfaces.
PRO GRIP FLEX ADHESIVE® is a ready to use product and it must not be diluted with water or any other substance.
(These recommendations are in accordance with the SABS standard SANS 10107:2011 - The design and installation of ceramic tiles.)
1. Ensure that surfaces to be tiled are sound (no cracks or crumbling), clean, free of dust, release agent, fungi, or any surface dampness. Fungi must be removed and the spores killed with the use of an effective fungicide. (A dilution of household bleach is sufficient)
2. New walls and floors must be allowed to cure for minimum periods as listed below to ensure that movement due to shrinkage does not affect the installation
a. Direct bedding onto new brick walls and concrete surfaces: 6 weeks
b. New plaster walls: 2 weeks
c. New screeded floors: 4 weeks
3. Very smooth surfaces such as steel trowelled and off-shutter concrete must be acid washed to remove laitance and then rinsed thoroughly with cold water and allowed to dry
4. Painted surfaces, gypsum plasters and surfaces that have old bitumen adhesive on them must be chipped in order to expose at least 80% of the substrate.
5. Steel surfaces must be sanded to remove rust and then primed with an anti-corrosive primer. *This guideline only serves as a basic manual for the surface preparation, product selection and installation procedure for this type of application. Each installation needs to be assessed on merits and the products used and the procedures followed should be in accordance with the SABS code for the design and installation of ceramic tiles (SABS 10107:2011).
Use a FLOOR TROWEL (notches 10mm x 10mm at 10mm intervals) spread only enough so that the area can be tiled within 10 minutes.
The above notched trowel will spread enough adhesive to apply the recommended minimum adhesive bed for floor tiling which is 5mm.
As a guideline 1 kg will cover approximately 0.5 square metres.
Using a FLOOR TROWEL (notches 6mm x 6mm at 6mm intervals) spread only enough so that the area can be tiled within 10 minutes.
The above notched trowel will spread enough adhesive to apply the recommended minimum adhesive bed for wall tiling which is 3mm.
As a guideline 1 kg will cover approximately 0.6 square metres.
GENERAL APPLICATION INFORMATION
1. Ensure that the back of the tiles are free of dust and contamination.
2. DO NOT BUTT JOINT TILES.
3. Minimum grouting joint width for wall tilling is 2mm and for floors 3 mm unless otherwise specified by the tile manufacturer.
4. Bed tiles into wet adhesive with a twisting action in order to ensure adequate contact with the back of the tile. The use of a rubber mallet is recommended when bedding heavy thick tiles.
5. Excessively hot or cold ambient temperatures during installation will affect setting times and may affect bond strength.
6. Remove all adhesive from the grouting joints as the application progresses.
7. Tiles with very uneven backs will require buttering with adhesive prior to bedding into the wet adhesive bed.
8. For permanently wet, extreme conditions and areas where moisture is present, this adhesive must NOT be used.
9. It is very important to allow for differential movement in all tiling applications so the inclusion of tile panel movement joints, structural movement joints and perimeter joints is essential.
10. Latex based adhesives require a degree of suction by either the substrate or tile to remove moisture from the system to allow cross linking of the latex to begin. Thus, this product is not suitable for use between dense non-porous substrates and non-porous tiles (e.g. porcelains).
1. Allow at least 24 hours for the adhesive to fully cure before grouting can commence. *This guideline only serves as a basic manual for the surface preparation, product selection and installation procedure for this type of application. Each installation needs to be assessed on merits and the products used and the procedures followed should be in accordance with the SABS code for the design and installation of ceramic tiles (SABS 10107:2011).
2. Ensure that all adhesive is removed from the joints
3. Grout with PRO GRIP WATERPROOF GROUT ® in various colours.
TECHNICAL DATA Type
Final Drying Time
± 24 hours on porous surfaces at 25⁰C and 50 % humidity
± 48 hours on non-porous surfaces at 25⁰C and 50% humidity
± 30 minutes
± 2.5m² per 5 kg
1 & 5 kg buckets
Keep container closed when not in use.
Store at a moderate temperature
12 months under moderate temperature
Notched trowels at 10mm x 10mm at 10mm intervals
Notched trowels at 6mm x 6mm at 6mm intervals
Place your order online and we will source your stock at the nearest store with sufficient stock.
We will have your order packed and ready for collection 3 business hours after your payment has cleared.
This service is available in over 70 stores nationwide.
Check “Stock availability” on the product of your choice to see if this item is available in your area.
CTM product items and quantities vary at each CTM store and your chosen items may not be available at your local CTM store. Should the product not be available, a product expert will attempt to obtain the product or offer you a reasonable alternative. CTM reserves the right to limit quantities of any product. A delivery fee will become applicable if delivery is required.
To speak to a product expert, please call 010 003 9987.
Home renovating products are heavy. Save yourself the backache and have your goods transported to your doorstep.
To calculate the exact delivery cost for your area, add the products you would like to your quote, enter your address and place your order.
We aim for next day delivery depending on stock availability.
In the unlikely event that we are not able to supply your product in your area, we will contact you to discuss alternative solutions.
To speak to a product expert, please call 010 003 9987.
CTM supplies quality products to ensure your peace of mind.
You have 90 days to return any unopened, unused products in their original sellable condition.
We will gladly exchange or refund products provided that:
The return date is within 90 days of purchase.
You have valid proof of purchase (invoice) from CTM.
Goods must be in their original sellable condition and packaging.
Goods must be returned to your nearest CTM.
Please ensure you are satisfied with the product before installing as returns will not be accepted after installation.