PRO GRIP EPOXY GROUT® is a water cleanable epoxy compound designed for grouting applications that require good mechanical resistance and/or good chemical resistance. This product is recommended for flooring and walling applications where the surface is going to be subjected to harsh cleaning chemicals (e.g. acids and bleaches). PRO GRIP EPOXY GROUT® is suitable for both wall and floor as well as interior and exterior applications and for the grouting of tiles in intermittently wet areas as well as in underwater conditions i.e. swimming pools and showers.
1. Empty part A and part B into the bucket supplied and mix thoroughly.
2. Add the sand component and blend to the desired consistency. Mix by hand or drill.
3. Use within 45 minutes.
4. Do not mix part portions.
(These recommendations are in accordance with the SABS standard SANS 10107:2011 - The design and installation of ceramic tiles.)
1. The tile adhesive should be completely set before grouting can take place.
2. Ensure that joints to be grouted are sound (no cracks or crumbling), clean, free of dust and contaminants.
3. Ensure that the joints are free of excess tile adhesive.
4. Tiles with absorbent surfaces (e.g. unglazed tiles, natural stone etc.) should be sealed with a suitable product prior to grouting to prevent staining.
1. The epoxy chemical reaction is highly dependent upon the ambient temperature. High temperatures will significantly speed up the reaction and reduce the pot life. Do not work with the product if the ambient temperature is lower than 10°C or higher than 30°C. *This guideline only serves as a basic manual for the surface preparation, product selection and installation procedure for this type of application. Each installation needs to be assessed on merits and the products used and the procedures followed should be in accordance with the SABS code for the design and installation of ceramic tiles (SABS 10107:2011).
2. Apply PRO GRIP EPOXY GROUT® liberally to the surface and work into the joints with a grout squeegee taking care to completely fill the joint.
3. Remove excess grout and level the surface by moving the grout squeegee diagonally across the joints while the mix is still fresh.
4. Within 20 mins, remove the excess grout residue from the tiles with a damp (but not wet) sponge. Rinse the sponge frequently to achieve the best results.
5. Do not allow the epoxy grout to fully cure before cleaning. Difficult to clean deposits can be removed with lacquer thinners.
Since the coverage of this product is dependent upon the dimensions of the joints, the amount of grout required can be accurately determined by the following formula:-
Kg of grout per Square meter = (A + B) x C x D x 1.6
(A x B)
A = length of the tile in mm
B = width of the tile in mm
C = thickness of the tile in mm
D = average width of the joint in mm
As a guide, on average a 5 Kg bag of grout will grout an area of 8 - 10 m²
TECHNICAL DATA *This guideline only serves as a basic manual for the surface preparation, product selection and installation procedure for this type of application. Each installation needs to be assessed on merits and the products used and the procedures followed should be in accordance with the SABS code for the design and installation of ceramic tiles (SABS 10107:2011).
1. Ensure that the above instructions are adhered to at all times and do not adulterate the product in any way as this could result in failure.
2. Rubber gloves should be used when applying PRO GRIP EPOXY GROUT ®. In the event of irritation, rinse skin under cold water. Consult a doctor if irritation persists.
3. Keep PRO GRIP EPOXY GROUT ® away from pets and children.
4. Do not ingest and do not empty surplus grout down drains.