Check “Stock availability” below to see if this item is available in your area.
|Application||Wall & Floor|
PRO GRIP STONE & GLASS MOSAIC ADHESIVE® is a specially designed high strength cement based polymer modified adhesive recommended for fixing and grouting of stone, glass and reconstituted stone mosaics onto all types of cement based substrates and pre-primed surfaces. PRO GRIP STONE & GLASS MOSAIC ADHESIVE® is suitable for both wall and floor applications, for installing tiles in intermittently wet areas as well as in underwater conditions i.e. swimming pools and showers. This product includes “MILDEW BLOCK” which actively protects against the growth of mildew and algae. Due to the fine nature of this adhesive, it is also suitable for use as a grouting compound whenever it’s antimicrobial properties are required e.g. showers, bathrooms, etc. This product can be used for interior and exterior applications.
1. Add 1.75 lt of water to a suitable container.
2. Slowly add 5 kg of the product.
3. Mix to a creamy consistency. The use of an electric drill and paddle is recommended to ensure thorough mixing.
4. Use within 2 hours. If the product thicken DO NOT ADD MORE WATER – rather stir thoroughly to extend pot life.
(These recommendations are in accordance with the SABS standard SANS 10107:2011 - The design and installation of ceramic tiles.)
1. Ensure that surfaces to be tiled are sound (no cracks or crumbling), clean, free of dust, release agent, fungi, or any surface dampness. Fungi must be removed and the spores killed with the use of an effective fungicide. (a dilution of household bleach is sufficient) *This guideline only serves as a basic manual for the surface preparation, product selection and installation procedure for this type of application. Each installation needs to be assessed on merits and the products used and the procedures followed should be in accordance with the SABS code for the design and installation of ceramic tiles (SABS 10107:2011).
2. New walls and floors must be allowed to cure for minimum periods as listed below to ensure that movement due to shrinkage does not affect the installation
a. Direct bedding onto new brick walls and concrete surfaces: 6 weeks
b. New plaster walls: 2 weeks
c. New screeded floors: 4 weeks
3. Very smooth surfaces such as steel trowelled and off-shutter concrete must be acid washed to remove laitance and then rinsed thoroughly with cold water. The surface must then be primed with a mixture consisting of two parts PRO GRIP BASECOAT ® mixed with one part PRO GRIP KEYCOAT ® and allowed to dry prior to tiling.
4. Painted surfaces, gypsum plasters and surfaces that have old bitumen adhesive on them must be chipped in order to expose at least 80% of the substrate. The surface must then be primed with a mixture consisting of two parts PRO GRIP BASECOAT ® mixed with one part PRO GRIP KEYCOAT ® and allowed to dry prior to tiling.
5. Highly porous substrates can negatively affect the bond strength of the tile adhesive. Check the porosity of the substrate by applying a small quantity of water. If the moisture is completely absorbed within one minute, then the surface is too porous and will need to be sealed with a mixture of two parts PRO GRIP BASECOAT ® mixed with one part PRO GRIP KEYCOAT ® and allowed to dry prior to tiling.
Only apply sufficient adhesive to an area as can be tiled within 10 minutes. Use a suitable notched trowel to maintain a minimum bed height of 6-7 mm for floor tiling and 3-4 mm for wall tiling. The recommended trowels are as follows: Application
Trowel Size (height x width x gap)
6mm x 8mm x 5mm
Floor tiles smaller than 400mm x 400 mm
10mm x 10mm x 6mm
Floor tiles larger than 400mm x 400
17mm x 22mm x 6mm
Place your order online and we will source your stock at the nearest store with sufficient stock.
We will have your order packed and ready for collection 3 business hours after your payment has cleared.
This service is available in over 70 stores nationwide.
Check “Stock availability” on the product of your choice to see if this item is available in your area.
CTM product items and quantities vary at each CTM store and your chosen items may not be available at your local CTM store. Should the product not be available, a product expert will attempt to obtain the product or offer you a reasonable alternative. CTM reserves the right to limit quantities of any product. A delivery fee will become applicable if delivery is required.
To speak to a product expert, please call 010 003 9987.
Home renovating products are heavy. Save yourself the backache and have your goods transported to your doorstep.
To calculate the exact delivery cost for your area, add the products you would like to your quote, enter your address and place your order.
We aim for next day delivery depending on stock availability.
In the unlikely event that we are not able to supply your product in your area, we will contact you to discuss alternative solutions.
To speak to a product expert, please call 010 003 9987.
CTM supplies quality products to ensure your peace of mind.
You have 90 days to return any unopened, unused products in their original sellable condition.
We will gladly exchange or refund products provided that:
The return date is within 90 days of purchase.
You have valid proof of purchase (invoice) from CTM.
Goods must be in their original sellable condition and packaging.
Goods must be returned to your nearest CTM.
Please ensure you are satisfied with the product before installing as returns will not be accepted after installation.